Whether you want to read something that suits your gender preference, or someone who is just curious about what it feels like to be different, here are the top 10 LGBT books you can read:
1. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Aleri Saenz
This book is about self-identity exploration in the middle of loneliness and an unexpected meet-up of two persons who have nothing in common but sooner find what kind of people they want to be with.
2. Ash by Malinda Lo
A fairytale-like story but instead of a knight in shining armor Ash falls in love with the King’s Huntress.
3. Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
The story goes with two girls who are friends with each other but soon develop a deep and intimate romance.
4. Queens of Geek by Jen Wilde
If you are into the new century reads, Queens of Geek is about fandom and empowerment.
5. Gabi, A Girl in Pieces by Isabel Quintero
The story of this book is about a girl who has a very strangled life and how she conquered them and forged her identity.
6. None of the Above by I.W Gregorio
This book is about a girl who discovers she is intersex and how she explores her boy, girl, and in between sexuality.
7. If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
A story of a girl who was once a boy in her past. She falls in love with a boy she wants to tell her past life but is afraid will hurt her.
8. Luna by Julie Anne Peters
This is also a story of a transgender teen who struggles for self-identity and acceptance.
9. Drum Roll, Please by Lisa Jenn Bigelow
A story of an introverted teen who found a new love- playing drums. When her world is falling apart she discovers something and that she is crushing on a girl.
10. One True Way by Shannon Hitchcock
Two girls realize their feelings are mutual but they can’t be true to themselves because it’s the 1970s, the hard time for queer people.